Barter


Tides roll by, washing away sins of lore
A new beginning of love and peace
Across nations, people and race
Currency foretold, not within bounds
I see the value of none abound
To share and give, to receive as much
To know no value but that which is touched

No paper or colour of envy gone blind
Pockets of coins lay heavy neither here
As I stand looking at the dawn coming close
A trade of kindness shown miles around
As I sleep alight none to whisper the truth
Of shackles we wear thoughout the night
Wearily I walk into the sunset blind

As old as wine I turn within
Wisdom across ages come to noth
The simple I made to a harsh truth told
Chains I wear made of stolen gold
Wimpy old sailor, a man of tongue
Paid every Tuesday, a false pronounce
Yet I live better than he, and happiness rushes to me

1 comment: