The Sea Song

I wrote this on one of those escapes I loved so much to make. And when those escapes are to the ocean, then the power is that much more. Sometimes, I believe I will know life only when I die for then I will know what I have missed.... the oceans beckon.

Calm & peace, never known before
A silent sigh, deep within, to be heard by none
A silver sheen, as the shore washes my feet

Awake, alive, a whole new life
Love, happiness & feelings high,
Golden rays light my face
Shimmering thru the blue
Mix & match to colour the sky.

The salty air, cold & sweet
Welcomeing me, an old old friend
Too long have we, not having met
A heavenly welcome made for thee

As the oceans adorn their jewels
& wash the shore, a slow hum & smile
A song for only who want to hear
In rhythm for you, me & those silent tears..

The wind gently runs her hand
Fingers brushes aside my hair
Like a loving mother greeting her long lost son

A beautiful picture, for me the sky
Love & friendship not denied
Here I stand, in front an old new door
Peace at last, I enter my home

No comments: